BVM Capacity Building Institute Inc (aka Black Voters Matter Capacity Building Inst)
BVM Capacity Building Institute goal is to increase power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities.
- BOLD: Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity (Fiscally Sponsored by Highlander Research & Education Center)BOLD (Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity) is a national training intermediary focused on transforming the practice of Black organizers in the US to increase their alignment, impact and sustainability to win progressive change. BOLD carries out its mission through training programs, coaching and technical assistance for BOLD alumni and partners.
- Black Trans Fund (fiscally sponsored by Groundswell Fund)The Black Trans Fund is a groundbreaking endeavor: the first national fund in the country dedicated to uplifting and resourcing Black trans social justice leaders. BTF seeks to address the lack of funding for Black trans communities in the U.S. through direct grantmaking, capacity building support, and funder organizing to transform philanthropy.
- Choose1 (a project of Smart Justice California at Tides Foundation)Choose1 was formed in order to represent those who have not been served in the sentence reform process. Its goal is to re-unite families by utilizing the initiative process. It believes the people of California are ready to right the injustices created by Prop 184 in 1994 resulting in mass-incarceration and inequity in sentences in regard to ethnic background.
- Climate Justice AllianceClimate Justice Alliance (CJA) formed in 2013 to create a new center of gravity in the climate movement by uniting frontline communities and organizations into a formidable force. CJA's translocal organizing strategy and mobilizing capacity is building a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, and towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. CJA believes that the process of transition must place race, gender and class at the center of the solutions equation in order to make it a truly Just Transition.
- Free Hearts (fiscally sponsored by The Praxis Project, Inc)Free Hearts, founded in 2016, is a Tennessee state-wide organization led by formerly incarcerated women that provides support, education, and advocacy in organizing families impacted by incarceration, with the ultimate goals of reuniting families and keeping families together.
- Green Diversity Initiative (Green 2.0)Green 2.0 works to increase racial diversity on the staffs and boards of environmental foundations and NGOs. By gathering and reporting objective data on representation and diversity, Green 2.0 helps to ensure that the leadership of the environmental movement is as diverse as the problems it works to solve.