Black Trans Fund (fiscally sponsored by Groundswell Fund)
The Black Trans Fund is a groundbreaking endeavor: the first national fund in the country dedicated to uplifting and resourcing Black trans social justice leaders. BTF seeks to address the lack of funding for Black trans communities in the U.S. through direct grantmaking, capacity building support, and funder organizing to transform philanthropy.
- BYP100 Education FundBYP100 is National, member-based organization of Black 18-35 year old activists and organizers, dedicated to creating justice and freedom for all Black people. They do this through building a network focused on transformative leadership development, direct action organizing, advocacy, and political education using a Black queer feminist lens.
- Climate Justice AllianceClimate Justice Alliance (CJA) formed in 2013 to create a new center of gravity in the climate movement by uniting frontline communities and organizations into a formidable force. CJA's translocal organizing strategy and mobilizing capacity is building a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, and towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. CJA believes that the process of transition must place race, gender and class at the center of the solutions equation in order to make it a truly Just Transition.
- Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund (fiscally sponsored by New Venture Fund)The Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund (Equity Fund) advances equitable climate and clean energy solutions by supporting organizations to build power through grassroots organizing and civic engagement programs in target states across the U.S.
- Critical ResistanceCritical Resistance (CR) seeks to build an international movement to end the prison industrial complex (PIC) by challenging the belief that caging and controlling people makes us safe. CR believes that basic necessities such as food, shelter, and freedom are what really make communities secure. As such, CR's work is part of global struggles against inequality and powerlessness. The success of the movement requires that it reflect communities most affected by the PIC. Because CR seeks to abolish the PIC, they cannot support any work that extends its life or scope.
- Freedom, Inc. (FI)Freedom, Inc. (FI) is a Black and Southeast Asian non-profit organization that works with low income communities of color. The mission is to achieve social justice through coupling direct services with leadership development and community organizing that will bring about social, political, cultural, and economic change resulting in ending the interpersonal and systemic violence against women, gender-non-conforming and transgender folks, and children. FI works to challenge the root causes of violence, poverty, racism and discrimination. The belief is that people who are most affected by these issues must have voice, power, resources and choice, in order for true social change to happen.