Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund (fiscally sponsored by New Venture Fund)
The Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund (Equity Fund) advances equitable climate and clean energy solutions by supporting organizations to build power through grassroots organizing and civic engagement programs in target states across the U.S.
- ACCE InstituteOur mission is to foster transformative community change across California by engaging with low-income residents of all races through ground-up organizing in largely Black and Brown communities. Through leadership development, political education, and strategic issue campaigning, ACCE works to build an equitable and anti-racist society.
- Black Trans Fund (fiscally sponsored by Groundswell Fund)The Black Trans Fund is a groundbreaking endeavor: the first national fund in the country dedicated to uplifting and resourcing Black trans social justice leaders. BTF seeks to address the lack of funding for Black trans communities in the U.S. through direct grantmaking, capacity building support, and funder organizing to transform philanthropy.
- Center for Rural Enterprise and Environmental Justice (CREEJ)The Center for Rural Enterprise and Environmental Justice (CREEJ) believes that climate change is a crisis of catastrophic proportions. Therefore it is more urgent to advance grassroots-led solutions in policy and technology innovation across the United States. Whether it is a small town or an unincorporated area, we must eliminate the health, economic and environmental disparities suffocating rural and marginalized communities. CREEJ is dedicated to reversing these disparities and seeing a world where everyone has access to clean water, air and sanitation.
- Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE) is a base-building organization committed to social, economic, and environmental justice for working-class and immigrant communities in California’s Central Coast. CAUSE build's grassroots power through community organizing, leadership development, coalition building, civic engagement, policy research, and advocacy.
- Climate Justice AllianceClimate Justice Alliance (CJA) formed in 2013 to create a new center of gravity in the climate movement by uniting frontline communities and organizations into a formidable force. CJA's translocal organizing strategy and mobilizing capacity is building a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, and towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. CJA believes that the process of transition must place race, gender and class at the center of the solutions equation in order to make it a truly Just Transition.