Climate Justice Alliance
Climate Justice Alliance (CJA) formed in 2013 to create a new center of gravity in the climate movement by uniting frontline communities and organizations into a formidable force. CJA's translocal organizing strategy and mobilizing capacity is building a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, and towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. CJA believes that the process of transition must place race, gender and class at the center of the solutions equation in order to make it a truly Just Transition.
- ACCE InstituteOur mission is to foster transformative community change across California by engaging with low-income residents of all races through ground-up organizing in largely Black and Brown communities. Through leadership development, political education, and strategic issue campaigning, ACCE works to build an equitable and anti-racist society.
- CLIMA Fund (fiscally sponsored by Thousand Currents)The CLIMA Fund is a collaboration between Global Greengrants Fund, Grassroots International, Thousand Currents, and Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights — a like-minded community funding grassroots movements to cool the planet and build resilience around the globe. Working together, CLIMA gives influential funders a simple and effective way to invest in grassroots climate change movements. In short, CLIMA Fund mobilizes philanthropy by investing in on-the-ground leaders behind the most sustainable and effective solutions to our global climate crisis.
- Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) (Fiscally Sponsored by Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs)Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) is a Black-led statewide coalition of more than 80 grassroots organizations. CURB's three point mission is to reduce the number of incarcerated people in California; reduce the number of prison and jails in our state; and shift wasteful spending away from incarceration and toward health community investments.
- Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE) is a base-building organization committed to social, economic, and environmental justice for working-class and immigrant communities in California’s Central Coast. CAUSE build's grassroots power through community organizing, leadership development, coalition building, civic engagement, policy research, and advocacy.
- Choose1 (a project of Smart Justice California at Tides Foundation)Choose1 was formed in order to represent those who have not been served in the sentence reform process. Its goal is to re-unite families by utilizing the initiative process. It believes the people of California are ready to right the injustices created by Prop 184 in 1994 resulting in mass-incarceration and inequity in sentences in regard to ethnic background.