Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) (Fiscally Sponsored by Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs)
Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) is a Black-led statewide coalition of more than 80 grassroots organizations. CURB's three point mission is to reduce the number of incarcerated people in California; reduce the number of prison and jails in our state; and shift wasteful spending away from incarceration and toward health community investments.
- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Northern California (ACLU of NorCal)The ACLU of Northern California is an enduring guardian of justice, fairness, equality, and freedom, working to protect and advance civil rights and civil liberties for all Californians.
- California Coalition for Women Prisoners (Fiscally Sponsored by Network on Women in Prison)California Coalition for Women Prisoners (CCWP) is a grassroots abolitionist organization—with members inside and outside prison—that challenges the institutional violence imposed on women, transgender people, and communities of color by the prison industrial complex (PIC). CCWP sees the struggle for racial and gender justice as central to dismantling the PIC and prioritizes the leadership of the people, families, and communities most impacted in building this movement.
- California Environmental Justice Alliance (CEJA) (fiscally sponsored by Environmental Health Coalition)The California Environmental Justice Alliance (CEJA) is a statewide, community-led alliance that works to achieve environmental justice by advancing policy solutions. CEJA unites the powerful local organizing of its members in the communities most impacted by environmental hazards – low-income communities and communities of color – to create comprehensive opportunities for change at a statewide level.
- Climate Justice AllianceClimate Justice Alliance (CJA) formed in 2013 to create a new center of gravity in the climate movement by uniting frontline communities and organizations into a formidable force. CJA's translocal organizing strategy and mobilizing capacity is building a Just Transition away from extractive systems of production, consumption and political oppression, and towards resilient, regenerative and equitable economies. CJA believes that the process of transition must place race, gender and class at the center of the solutions equation in order to make it a truly Just Transition.
- Columbia Law School Human Rights InstituteThe Human Rights Institute serves as the focal point of international human rights education, scholarship and practice at Columbia Law School. The Institute currently focuses on a number of key themes, and, throughout the year, hosts a wide array of symposia, lectures, and other events to bring practitioners and scholars together.
- Communities for a Better Environment (CBE)Communities for a Better Environment (CBE) is one of the preeminent environmental justice organizations in the nation. The mission of CBE is to build people’s power in California’s communities of color and low income communities to achieve environmental health and justice by preventing and reducing pollution and building green, healthy and sustainable communities and environments.