California Environmental Justice Alliance (CEJA) (fiscally sponsored by Environmental Health Coalition)
The California Environmental Justice Alliance (CEJA) is a statewide, community-led alliance that works to achieve environmental justice by advancing policy solutions. CEJA unites the powerful local organizing of its members in the communities most impacted by environmental hazards – low-income communities and communities of color – to create comprehensive opportunities for change at a statewide level.
- Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) (Fiscally Sponsored by Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs)Californians United for a Responsible Budget (CURB) is a Black-led statewide coalition of more than 80 grassroots organizations. CURB's three point mission is to reduce the number of incarcerated people in California; reduce the number of prison and jails in our state; and shift wasteful spending away from incarceration and toward health community investments.
- Communities for a Better Environment (CBE)Communities for a Better Environment (CBE) is one of the preeminent environmental justice organizations in the nation. The mission of CBE is to build people’s power in California’s communities of color and low income communities to achieve environmental health and justice by preventing and reducing pollution and building green, healthy and sustainable communities and environments.
- Ella Baker Center for Human RightsFor twenty-five years the Ella Baker Center has worked locally, statewide, and nationally to shift resources away from prisons and punishment and towards opportunities that make communities safe, healthy, and strong. The Ella Baker Center believes that what you water grows. That’s why the organization mobilizes everyday people to build power and prosperity in communities.
- Environmental Health CoalitionEnvironmental Health Coalition is dedicated to achieving environmental and social justice. EHC believes that justice is accomplished by empowered communities acting together to make social change. The organization organizes and advocates to protect public health and the environment threatened by toxic pollution. EHC supports broad efforts that create a just society and fosters a healthy and sustainable quality of life.
- Freedom, Inc. (FI)Freedom, Inc. (FI) is a Black and Southeast Asian non-profit organization that works with low income communities of color. The mission is to achieve social justice through coupling direct services with leadership development and community organizing that will bring about social, political, cultural, and economic change resulting in ending the interpersonal and systemic violence against women, gender-non-conforming and transgender folks, and children. FI works to challenge the root causes of violence, poverty, racism and discrimination. The belief is that people who are most affected by these issues must have voice, power, resources and choice, in order for true social change to happen.
- Grassroots Global JusticeGGJ is an alliance of 60+ US-based grassroots organizing groups comprised of and led by poor and working class multi-racial, Latinx, Black, Indigenous, Asian Pacific Islander, Arab, and white communities. GGJ works to strengthen movements for climate and gender justice, an end to the war at home and abroad and a Just Transition to a Feminist Anti-Racist Regenerative Economy. GGJ weaves and bridges together US-based groups and global social movements, and is taking that movement infrastructure to the next level by developing organizing schools and campaigns towards a Just Transition to a Feminist Anti-Racist Regenerative Economy.