Drug Policy Alliance
The Drug Policy Alliance envisions a just society in which the use and regulation of drugs are grounded in science, compassion, health and human rights, in which people are no longer punished for what they put into their own bodies, and in which the fears, prejudices and punitive prohibitions of today are no more.
Photo credit: Averie Cole
- A La Defensa (Fiscally Sponsored by Tides Foundation)A La Defensa is the Collective Action Fund (CAF) of La Defensa, both of which work to transform California’s punitive systems through public education and community empowerment to decarcerate California and bring loved ones home. A La Defensa acts as a fiscal sponsor for issue-aligned coalitions in the Los Angeles area.
- Center for Investigative ReportingThe Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR) believes journalism that moves citizens to action is an essential pillar of democracy. CIR has relentlessly pursues and reveals injustices that otherwise would remain hidden from the public eye. Today, it is upholding this legacy and looking forward, working at the forefront of journalistic innovation to produce important stories that make a difference and engage the audience. Reveal – its website, public radio program, podcast and social media platform – is where it publishes its multiplatform work.
- Ella Baker Center for Human RightsFor twenty-five years the Ella Baker Center has worked locally, statewide, and nationally to shift resources away from prisons and punishment and towards opportunities that make communities safe, healthy, and strong. The Ella Baker Center believes that what you water grows. That’s why the organization mobilizes everyday people to build power and prosperity in communities.
- Equal Justice InitiativeThe Equal Justice Initiative is committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States, to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
- Global Fund for WomenGlobal Fund for Women envisions a world where movements for gender justice have transformed power and privilege for a few into equity and equality for all. Their flexible funding meets urgent needs and invests in feminist movements for the long term to create change that will last for generations.
- Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy (fiscally sponsored by Project South: Institute for the Elimination Poverty & Genocide)Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy (GCCLP) advances structural shifts toward ecological equity and climate justice in Gulf South communities of color on the frontline of climate change. GCCLP envisions the land, culture, and people of the Gulf South communities protected and maintained through sustainable economies and the achievement of justice for all.