PODER (a project of the Tides Center)
PODER’s mission is to organize with Latinx immigrant families and youth to put into practice people-powered solutions that are locally based, community led and environmentally just. PODER nurtures everyday people’s leadership, regenerates culture, and builds community power.
- A La Defensa (Fiscally Sponsored by Tides Foundation)A La Defensa is the Collective Action Fund (CAF) of La Defensa, both of which work to transform California’s punitive systems through public education and community empowerment to decarcerate California and bring loved ones home. A La Defensa acts as a fiscal sponsor for issue-aligned coalitions in the Los Angeles area.
- Choose1 (a project of Smart Justice California at Tides Foundation)Choose1 was formed in order to represent those who have not been served in the sentence reform process. Its goal is to re-unite families by utilizing the initiative process. It believes the people of California are ready to right the injustices created by Prop 184 in 1994 resulting in mass-incarceration and inequity in sentences in regard to ethnic background.
- Drug Policy AllianceThe Drug Policy Alliance envisions a just society in which the use and regulation of drugs are grounded in science, compassion, health and human rights, in which people are no longer punished for what they put into their own bodies, and in which the fears, prejudices and punitive prohibitions of today are no more.
- Grassroots Global JusticeGGJ is an alliance of 60+ US-based grassroots organizing groups comprised of and led by poor and working class multi-racial, Latinx, Black, Indigenous, Asian Pacific Islander, Arab, and white communities. GGJ works to strengthen movements for climate and gender justice, an end to the war at home and abroad and a Just Transition to a Feminist Anti-Racist Regenerative Economy. GGJ weaves and bridges together US-based groups and global social movements, and is taking that movement infrastructure to the next level by developing organizing schools and campaigns towards a Just Transition to a Feminist Anti-Racist Regenerative Economy.
- Green New Deal Network Fund (fiscally sponsored by Tides Foundation)The Green New Deal Network is a coalition of grassroots organizations, labor, and climate and environmental justice organizations growing a movement to pass local, state, and national policies that create millions of family-sustaining union jobs, ensure racial and gender equity, and take action on climate at the scale and scope the crisis demands.